2019 - 2020 Financial Aid and Assistance Program
We are pleased to once again make financial aid and assistance available to MSM families through our scholarship program. All financial aid awards are determined based on demonstrated need and the availability of funds. Eligible families will receive grants to fund all or a portion of their child’s MSM tuition for the school year. To request financial aid or assistance, please follow the steps below to complete the process:Step 1. School Application.
When completing the school application for admission, please check the appropriate box on the form to indicate that you are requesting financial aid. All applications requesting aid must be submitted by Friday, 5 October 2018.Step 2. Additional Information.
Please mail copies of (i) your most recent personal federal tax return(s), (ii) all business tax returns, (iii) your most recent W-2(s), and (iv) a completed MSM Application Supplement (which will be sent to you by the MSM administration) to Montessori School of Manhattan, 2 Gold Street, New York, NY, 10038. The information requested is required of all parents and guardians. In the case of separation or divorce, a separate PFS should be completed, and other materials submitted, by both the custodial and non-custodial parent or guardian. Families applying to MSM for the first time will be notified by MSM after completion of their parent interview when they should submit supplemental information.Step 3. Determining Awards.
The determination of the amount of any award is made after consideration by the MSM Parents' Association Scholarship Committee of all information submitted, and after all admissions decisions have been made by MSM. The information provided by families is kept confidential. The Scholarship Committee reviews all materials and makes all decisions without any knowledge of applicant identity.
- The deadline for submission of all financial aid supplemental materials (other than W-2s) for returning students for the 2019 - 2020 school year is Friday, November 9, 2018.
- Families applying to MSM for the first time will be notified by MSM of the date after which financial aid materials (other than W-2s) for new applicant families may be submitted. Once notified of such date, all materials must be submitted by Friday, February 1, 2019.
- W-2s for all applicant families should be submitted as soon as they are available and, in any event, by Friday, February 1, 2019.
- The Scholarship Committee may accept applications during an academic year in cases of extreme hardship. Such applications will be considered on a case by case basis.
- An application will not be considered by the Scholarship Committee until all materials have been submitted.
This program is made possible through the joint donations of the Montessori School of Manhattan and the MSM Parents' Association. The Parents' Association Scholarship Committee reserves the right to change the qualifying criteria as appropriate from time to time.
If you have any questions about the program or need assistance with the application process, please contact email@example.com