The Montessori School of Manhattan does not discriminate based upon age, race, ethnicity or physical disability. MSM accepts children between the ages of 2 years and 6 years. All children must be toilet-trained, with the exception of the toddlers (2-year-old children).
The admissions procedure at MSM is a two-fold process. It is designed to give parents an opportunity to learn about the school, its philosophy and policies, and to meet our faculty. It also gives us an opportunity to assess each child's situation and determine whether we are able to meet the needs and expectations of the parents. Our goal is to enroll families who will both benefit from and contribute to the school community.
If you are interested in enrolling your child in Montessori School of Manhattan:
- Prospective parents may select "Download Application"
- Parents wishing to apply for a sibling of a current or alumni student should refer to the Sibling Applications section of the Admissions menu for information and appropriate application forms.
- Parents complete the application and return it along with the application fee to the MSM office. Checks and all major credit cards are accepted. Please include one application fee for each application submitted.
- The Admissions Department will begin to contact prospective families in November, via email to schedule a classroom observation and parent interview. The completed application, application fee, classroom observation, and parent interview, are all required components for an application to be considered. Please note that while both parents are not required to attend the observation and interview, MSM schedules only one visit per family. Classroom observations are scheduled only for families who have submitted an application form. A school tour is not part of your visit; those are available during our Open House evenings only.
- Once all requirements for consideration have been satisfied, the Admissions Department will review the application and make a decision regarding acceptance.
- Admission decisions are sent out via email. When the applicant is accepted a contract is sent to the parents.
- A student is formally admitted when the MSM office receives the signed contract and specified fees by the specific date.