The Montessori School of Manhattan does not discriminate based upon age, race, ethnicity or physical disability. MSM accepts children between the ages of 2 years and 6 years. All children must be toilet-trained, with the exception of the toddlers (2-year-old children).
The admissions procedure at MSM is a two-fold process. It is designed to give parents an opportunity to learn about the school, its philosophy and policies, and to meet our faculty. It also gives us an opportunity to assess each child's situation and determine whether we are able to meet the needs and expectations of the parents. Our goal is to enroll families who will both benefit from and contribute to the school community.
If you are interested in enrolling your child in Montessori School of Manhattan:
- Prospective parents may select "Download Application" for the campus of choice.
- Parents wishing to apply for a sibling of a current or alumni student should refer to the Sibling Applications section of the Admissions menu for information and appropriate application forms.
Parents complete the application and return it along with the application fee to the MSM office. Checks and all major credit cards are accepted. Please include one application fee for each application submitted.
MSM will begin accepting applications for 2013-2014 on September 6, 2012.
Beach St. Toddler applications will be accepted until October 29, 2012.
Beach St. Preschool applications will be accepted until December 6, 2012.
- The Admissions Department will begin to contact prospective families in November, via email to schedule a classroom observation and parent interview. The completed application, application fee, classroom observation, and parent interview, are all required components for an application to be considered. Please note that while both parents are not required to attend the observation and interview, MSM schedules only one visit per family. Classroom observations are scheduled only for families who have submitted an application form.
- Once all requirements for consideration have been satisfied, the Admissions Department will review the application and make a decision regarding acceptance.
- Admission decisions are sent out via email. When the applicant is accepted a contract is sent to the parents.
- A student is formally admitted when the MSM office receives the signed contract and specified fees by the specific date.
Admission interviews will take place from November through February
You will receive an e-mail from the school notifying you of when it is your turn to set up your appointment.
From the Office of the Director of Admissions
|Admissions decisions were sent, to all families with completed files, on Thursday, February 28. Acceptances must be made by 3pm on Wednesday, March 6th.|
SEE ALL CALENDAR EVENTS
- FINANCIAL AID APPLICATIONS (BOTH CAMPUSES): Monday, October 22, 2012
- TODDLER APPLICATIONS (BEACH ST. CAMPUS ONLY): Monday, October 29, 2012
- PRESCHOOL APPLICATIONS (BEACH ST. CAMPUS ONLY): Thursday, December 6, 2012
- SIBLING APPLICATIONS (BOTH CAMPUSES): Thursday, December 6, 2012
- THE SIBLING NOTIFICATION DATE IS FRIDAY, JANUARY 25, 2013